Warm biscuits in the morning or for dessert? It doesn’t matter as long as you’re eating them. The recipe is just a classic comfort food and it can be topped with almost anything, but it can always be topped with pure beebread honeycomb.
Beebread honeycomb is not actually bread; it is the purest form of nectar and pollen you could hold in your hands. It contains many nutrients and vitamins. It also holds the same amount of amino acids and protein as in red meat.
When you eat Beebread honeycomb, you are not only eating the honey, but you are eating the entire honeycomb. The nutrients are held in the comb itself and not just the honey. You just take a knife and cut a piece to put on your bread.
With all of the ingredients packed inside, it is a great way to start your day and finish it strong.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 ¼ cups White Lily flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup very cold butter
- 1 cup very cold milk
- 1 square Beebread Honeycomb
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add dry ingredients together in a food processor.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to food processor, mixing roughly until butter is pea-sized.
- Add cold milk and toss together until just mixed.
- Once dough holds together, dump it out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Gently knead into a ball, flouring hands and dough as needed.
- Roll to 1-inch thickness (or thinner, if desired).
- Cut into circles, about 2”-3” in diameter.
- Place onto parchment-lined paper on baking sheet – be sure to arrange so that biscuit sides are slightly touching.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, watching carefully for golden brown edges.
- Spread with Bee Bread Honeycomb